POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : New IRTC Topic "Decay" : Re: New IRTC Topic "Decay" Server Time
18 Jun 2024 07:57:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New IRTC Topic "Decay"
From: gonzo
Date: 9 Sep 2003 16:45:02
Message: <web.3f5e3b4c32318703a0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
>This is actually tough. I'm trying once again to leave some comment on
>every image as I vote. Even keeping those comments very short, I find
>that I can only get through a few images without taking a break. I try
>to give "constructive" criticism on the images in which I see areas for
>improvement, but this is of course awkward because I have done or
>accomplished nothing to give myself the authority to do so.

Well, constructive to me isn't a matter of your credentials. Your authority
to do so is that you are a viewer. Even if I totally disagree with your
comment it is still a good reminder that not everyone views an image the
same way I do.

But this is a tough round to score, and even tougher to comment.  The topic
is broad and many images have little or no comparison to anything real.  I
also try to say something constructive but in this round I often can't tell
if what I'm seeing is intentional or not.  I'm giving a lot of benefit of
doubt...

RG